Saturday, October 31, 2009

autumn reflections

As the weather grows cooler and the
leaves change color on the trees and
fall
to
the
ground,
I contemplate.
A season has come to an end.
My favorite season, farewell summer.
My heart feels apprehensive going into
this cold new season,
knowing the pain of winter.

But seasons are part of the cycle of life,
causing growth, where we would otherwise stagnate.
There is no advance without pushing through
the cold and the pain.

This is a season of reflection and quiet,
the quiet growth of the sleeping giant
A chance to renew and restore,
releasing the bad
-AND the good-
in favor of what is to come.

It is in this somber season that I find myself
after the quick growth of the summer,
becoming reaquainted with the personal I.
Still waters run deep, as my spirit settles in
absorbing the warmth I surround myself with.

Until the new growth and sun of spring come once again
and the cool depths warm into brilliant growth and adventure for another season.

No comments: