Wednesday, October 24, 2007

the high life

Today is the best day I've had in a while. It started out with an interview at Cafe Mondo, a small cafe at the Windsor Crossing Outlet Mall. I've been in there twice already this week. Dropped a resume off on Monday, then stopped in for a drink before another interview yesterday and they remembered me and scheduled an interview. They obviously liked me and so I was fully expecting to go in to the interview and leave with a job. Sure enough, they want to hire me. How's that for confidence? It was really the best interview I've ever had too. The owner is the one who interviewed me, and she is so passionate about the business and what they do, that it was inspiring talking to her, and made me really excited about working there. It's a neat little cafe. Similar to the Coffee Exchange, but more classy and it seems like they care more about what they do. Better hours too. The latest they're open is 9pm - so no late shifts. That will be nice. The position is part time, which is cool with me. I'd rather have two part time jobs, have some variety and flexibility. Would be awesome to work there and then in a clothing store or something as well. Get some good discounts and interesting work experience.

I am amazed at how well the day turned out. It started out really positive, I woke up feeling good, went into the interview feeling confident and cheerful - which went a long way in getting the job, I'm sure. After that I felt incredibly inspired and oh so positive. I didn't even mind riding the bus around! I went over to Devonshire Mall after that to drop off some more resumes. Had a transfer, which was right by a park, so took a few minutes to walk through and spend some time relaxing and enjoying the day. It was marvelous! There were flowers, and some of the plots has recently been dug up and the smell of fresh dirt was wonderful. Let me tell you, I'm on a high that I haven't felt for a while. I feel like Jess is really back, after a bit of a slump. Feels great!

Tonight I'm playing CashFlow with Jon and some people he knows. I'm actually getting out and doing something. That feels good too. Never played CashFlow, but it sounds like fun. And it's pretty cool that Jon wants me to hang out with him and his business friends. Sahweet!

No comments: