Wednesday, May 21, 2008

is summer lost?!

Here it is the end of May and I'm still cold. It should be summer, it should be warm and sunny. We have the sun, but the temperature is still not what it should be. Perhaps summer got lost, or forgot where I live? I just hope It knows how to ask for directions...!!!

I've had some adventure this week. I got hit by a car yesterday when I was biking. (And now everyone is going, "What?!? Are you okay?" and your heart probably skipped a beat, right?) I had gone over to the east side of town to visit a friend from the SEA class who set up a neat dog bathhouse there. I wanted to see her shop and talk to her about her website - which she wants me to set up for her. So I biked over there in the afternoon, a nice ride, had a great visit with her and was pumped when I started biking back. Shortly after I started back, I went to cross a cross-street and there was a car there, waiting to turn right. He was stopped, so I went ahead to cross - I had the right-of-way and figured he'd seen me. He hadn't. Just as I pulled out in front crossing the street, he started to pull out into the main street, and his front bumper connected with my left foot and bicycle. Scary! I saw it in slow motion through a haze. He stopped really quick, and I had been knocked over a bit, so went to straighten up my bike and make sure everything was okay. It felt incredibly surreal! He got out of the car and asked if I was okay. My ankle was bruised, but other than that I was physically fine. Not the case with my bike however. I started checking it out and discovered that the front tire was warped pretty bad - couldn't even push the bike without lifting the front! So he pulled over into a parking spot and then offered to give me a ride and replace my wheel. I was cool with that. So to sum up, I went with him to Canadian Tire, and he actually bought me a whole new bike! Guess the guy felt pretty bad - who wouldn't? Was nice of him to take the time to replace my bike and everything though. So it actually worked out well for me. I have a brand new bike - and a nice one at that! The only negative thing is my bruised ankle, but I don't even feel that unless I press on it, so it's pretty minor. Quite the adventure though!

In business news, things are picking up. I have three new clients who want their websites started right away, so that should keep me busy for a bit, and will look good on my records for the SEA program. It's nice to see the business starting to gather some momentum. If I do a good job for these clients, I know they'll be glad to pass my name on to others - and of course I'll do a good job! Good to be able to build my portfolio and testimonials too.

No comments: