Monday, May 12, 2008

[no subject]

I've been sitting here for at least 5 minutes, a blank blog box in front of me, trying to decide how to start it. I guess this is as good a start as any! Gotta love those blank mind moments!

I seem to be keeping busy. Business is slower than I would like, but I'm working on figuring out how to get more clients and get things to pick up. I have finally managed to get to some other stuff I've been meaning to do, so I am feeling pretty good about that. I've done up an image board - a collage with pictures of houses, landscaping and whatnot that I really like. A bit of a visual goal board of where I'd like to be as far as lifestyle and whatnot. That's something I've been meaning to do for a few months now. Then I got my guitar fixed. It needed new bridges - upper and lower - and new strings. Been needing the bridges for about two years now. Finally decided to just do it. Always feels good to get things like that done!

I've been doing more creative crafty stuff lately and loving it. Did up a table for Jon for the backyard, with a tile mosaic. Looks pretty fantastic, and was fun to do. Did some sewing on the weekend as well. Making another quilt, and enjoying getting creative with it. I love to see things like that come together, and to see the idea I had in my head turn out well on paper, fabric, internet, or whatever medium I happen to be using! I'll have to take a picture to post so you can all see it. Yes, I like to show off a bit - but who doesn't?

I've planted a garden as well and am enjoying watching that come up. Everything seems to be growing great - particularly the radishes and beans! Will be great to have some fresh stuff from the garden in a few weeks. I've missed doing stuff like that, so it's been nice to have the opportunity again. I even enjoyed the hard work of digging up the garden spot with a shovel! Still have callouses from that, but it always feels good to put my muscles into something and feel like I've done a good, hard job. I used to hate having to work when I was a kid, but now I love it - probably because I don't have to do it, so I can actually enjoy it. Funny how our minds work that way, huh?

On another note, I think I have my website all updated and where I want it. Feel free to check it out and give me some feedback! The link is on the right under my picture...

And that's all for now, folks! Enjoy your May day! :-P

No comments: