Thursday, November 19, 2009

i refuse to be like that

I hear people talk about how crazy busy they are, how they aren't getting enough sleep, how they are stressed and feeling crappy. There is no end - you can find these overwhelmed people everywhere!

The conclusion that I long ago came to, is that I simply refuse to be like that! It doesn't matter how much I have going on, how much other people are demanding, or whatever other stresses and pulls on my time there might be. I know it's possible to manage all of that, and I just won't settle for less! ;)

I've recently gotten my hands on a program from my hero, Eben Pagan, called "Wake Up Productive". After listening to the intro 3+ times, I can't wait to get into the rest of the program! He has such a positive and healthy mindset and attitude when it comes to business, lifestyle and every day things. To hear him talk about time management, puts it all in a different perspective.

So, instead of getting bogged down with everything that I've got going on - job, business, home stuff, etc - I've chosen to instead learn how to be more productive and really focus my time, so that I get more done and have more fun. I know it's possible to do everything that I really want to do, without getting stressed out, losing sleep and getting sick. It's just a matter of learning some new habits and systems, changing the way I do things, and learning to focus on one thing at a time to accomplish more.

Good idea, huh? I'll let you know how it goes... I'll try to post some notes up here as I go through the program as well, because I know Eben is going to have some GREAT ways to do just that - he always does!

I am excited to see how it will change my life. Being more productive would have a huge impact on how well my business does, how much of that "want to" stuff I am able to do, etc. And he's even going to cover things like how to take care of your body, so that you have more energy and can be physically productive as well.

Sounds good to me! I'll keep you posted...

No comments: