Friday, November 27, 2009

unglued


All these things I've so carefully put into place -
my beliefs, my opinions, my habits and attitudes.
I've steadfastly guarded them,
holding on for dear life,
terrified to ever admit that I might be wrong.

I've become accustomed to them.
And I've become accustomed to being broke,
being disappointed,
being bored in a job,
and settling for less than what I am capable of.

It is not comfortable, but it is familiar.
And so I have stayed.

But now I have awakened
and everything is coming
unglued.

My world is turning upside down
and being challenged by new ideas.
The call is to be all the me that I can be,
to give me to the world,
for no one else can offer what I have.

Unfamiliar territory,
yet right where I am meant to be.

My spirit responds with eagerness,
hunger,
to the call.

Unglued
feels right

2 comments:

RON LAWRENCE said...

jess..... sometimes an unglue is a weaning..... "the few flies that remain/find me familiar" santoko taneda.... an often drunk haikuist ... love,Ron

Teh Jess said...

Good to hear from you, Ron! :) As always, I enjoy your comments! ;)

I've moved my blog over to www.tehjess.com recently. Feel free to follow me there! :)

Jess