Monday, October 27, 2008

bird's-eye view

I got to go for a plane ride today - not a commercial plane, but a little two-man plane. Big difference. And what a view! I was a wee bit nervous, having never been up in a little plane, but it was fantastic! I loved it! The nose-overs were a bit, ummm, stomach dropping, but even that was a bit exhilarating. Not quite as terrifying as a roller coaster. And pretty amazing to see the valley from that high in the air! So beautiful! We went up the Kispiox quite a ways - would have taken close to 2 hours to drive out that far and back, but only took a few minutes in the plane. Pretty sweet stuff! I would definitely do it again!

Watch for pics and videos from the flight when I get to another internet connection - as I used up too much bandwidth uploading pics on my parent's connection the other night. Oops.

The trip is going well. I am managing with the cold, although my feet are chilly. My next vacation needs to be somewhere WARM! It has been oh so good to see everyone again though. I did have one person ask me when I was going to "come back home" again - as in move back to the north. I was unprepared and didn't give the greatest answer. I hate it when people ask me that, or make comments about it. What gives them the right to think that I should be here? My response should have been something like, "I am home there, and don't plan to leave any time soon." (sigh) It just drives me crazy when people seem to think they know how my life should be, and that I don't. My "theme" song has become Billy Joel's "My Life". I don't need you to worry bout me cause I'm alright, I don't need you to tell me it's time to come home... I don't mind people caring about me, or wanting me to be happy and successful - that's normal and part of being a friend, family, etc. It's the people who think I'm not in the right place that bug me. Go ahead with your own life, leave me alone... What gives them the right to decide where I belong? I'm sure they think they got that info from God (knowing the person who said it), but to me it seems so very arrogant and judgmental. They don't even so much as take the time to talk to me and see how I'm doing! And to think that I was similar to that not so long ago... Oye...

I am already looking forward to getting back to Ontario. How sad is that? I still have a loong drive to get back to Calgary though. Will be kinda nice to do a road trip by myself. I'll be able to listen to my audio books and get all pumped up about business and new things to try. That's always fun! Will get me back in Windsor in a great frame of mind!

No comments: