Wednesday, October 22, 2008

cold vacations

Perhaps I shouldn't even be calling it a vacation. Vacation to me means warm, sunny, relaxing... And this certainly isn't all of those! Alberta is COLD, and so far the trip has held a fair amount of stress and fatigue. But then again, it HAS just begun! I arrived in Alberta yesterday morning, spend an hour or so on the phone with my credit card company trying to get my card to work for the rental car, then drove to Lacombe, where my bro Salem is going to school. Now I am just hanging out until he is done his last class this afternoon and we can head on out to BC-home. So I still have a 12 hour drive ahead of me before I can really relax - oh wait, I can't relax even then! We'll arrive home around 4am or so, then I have an appointment in Terrace (2 hours away) at 1:30 that afternoon to (hopefully) get my last retainer out. Then off to Prince Rupert (another hour or so) to hang out until Denver's wedding on Friday. Whew!!! Perhaps by Saturday I'll be able to just relax at home - but wait, I have tons of people to visit!

No, I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering why I call it a vacation! ;)

All in all, I am enjoying it so far - other than the rental car/credit card thing. I almost had to turn around and go back to Windsor, since without a car I'm screwed. But besides that, it's good to be out tripping around on my own again. Been a while since I went traveling all by my lonesome!

No comments: