Monday, January 7, 2008

here's to you

you've seen me at my best
and at my worst.
you've been there
during the good days
and the bad.
you taught me all you knew
about life and love,
and you modeled
the same the best you could.
you let me make mistakes
though I'm sure it hurt to watch at times.
you built memories
that i will carry with me for the rest of my life,
and you instilled values
and courage
that have already seen me through tough days.
always you have been there.
always you have loved me.
we've had our differences
and likely will again,
but you mean the world to me,
because it was the world that you gave me.
i admire you
appreciate you
thank you
love you
for being the best parents that you could,
and the best that i could wish for!
so here's you to,
for giving me all that I needed,
and more,
for this journey of life.

1 comment:

afallenhope said...

awe precious! words are the key to someone's heart! hurrah.