Wednesday, March 5, 2008

how good can it get?

Remember a few weeks ago when I took a walk and asked myself, "How good can it get?"? (For those of you who missed that entry, you'll find it under tea adventures of teh jess on February 18.) Well, this afternoon I had a life-changing experience and as I was reflecting on it all while in the shower tonight I realized, hey, I'm beginning to find out just how good it can get!

And to think this was brought on by a break-up! Have you heard anything more bizarre? I am completely floored by it, let me tell you. All of my previous break-ups have been at least awkward, if not extremely painful for one or both parties. Today, I experienced a very mature, mutual break-up. It hurt more before the fact than during or after. Neither of us wanted it to end, but we both knew it was the right choice. He isn't able to give me what I want and need right now, and I can't go on like it's been, hurting and being disappointed. There has to come a point where I decide I have to take care of me and let him take care of him. One of the things that made it easier and less painful was the fact that I did get what I needed, exactly what I needed. I felt wanted and cared for, and that then gave me the confidence to go ahead and walk away. Not that it was easy - it still hurt, but not at as bad. It felt more like a weight had been lifted off - I think for both of us.

So I am single again, and I'm okay with that. I am now going to focus on me and taking care of me. It's time to get myself well and healthy, and grow a healthy business as well. I feel so positive and hopeful, and ready to take on the world! This isn't the end of something, it's the beginning of something new! A new chapter, a new era. And I'm ready for it. I'm ready to learn and grow some more. I'm ready to continue on in this journey, and to see just how good it can get!!!!

No comments: