Tuesday, March 25, 2008

sick adventures

I've been sick. Like really sick. Not just an annoying cold or something, but an actual fever and feeling achy all over. I don't get sick like this very often - I think the last time was about a year and a half ago, and the time before that I couldn't even tell you. It's the same thing though - tonsilitis. I've had the occasional problem with my tonsils since I was a kid. It's now got me wondering if I should look into having them removed. Feeling like crap for two days isn't fun - and that's just the fever. The actual tonsil pain doesn't start until the second or third day. The last couple days my throat felt a bit swollen, and a wee bit sore, but it was this morning that it started to actually hurt. Damn. I hate being sick! At least the fever finally broke, and I can actually get up and do things now, and have a bit of an appetite again. Still waking up every hour or so during the night in a cold sweat though. Hate that part. You ever notice that when you're sick and need to rest and sleep the most, that's when you sleep the worst? That's sure how it is for me. I can never get comfortable when I'm sick, and wake up sweating or hurting or something. No such thing as a good night's sleep when I'm sick!

And that's the bitching for now. lol. Now on to the good news. For those of you who were reading my blog last year, you may remember how I was commenting on how often I had a cold and how I thought it might be that house I was living in at the time. Well, I've noticed since moving out of there that I definitely haven't been sick as often! I've had a major cold maybe twice since then - and that was almost a year ago! So I am pretty happy about that. Colds are not fun - especially for me, as I get severe watery eyes and look like shit - don't want to be going out anywhere when I have a cold! So nice to see them happening less. I do get a lot of exercise and "fresh" air - as fresh as Windsor can offer - and I've been trying to eat better as well, so I'm sure those things help.

In other news, I submitted my Business Plan yesterday. I had to present it to the Program Manager, and she in turn will present it to the review committee on Thursday. The only thing that she said they might have a problem with is that my financials were too conservative - not enough sales in the first two years. That was the hard part for me, as I didn't want to over estimate and over step myself, but didn't want to be too "cheap" either - I guess I erred on the side of too cheap. But we'll see. The review committee may accept it anyway with the condition that I re-evaluate my financials or something like that. I'll know on Thursday.

Jon left for Cuba on Sunday. Lucky guy is probably sitting in the sun on the beach right now. I'm glad he was able to get away - he's been needing it for a while - but I do wish I could have gone with him too. A nice sunny beach would be delightful right now! However, I am staying at his place to look after things while he's gone, so I have access to the hot tub whenever I want, and a house to myself! Kind of nice, but lonely at times too - and it's only been a couple of days! This will be the first time since we started seeing each other that we went a whole week without some kind of communication - no phone calls, no text messages, no emails. Boy will I be glad to see him when he gets back! And he'll be glad to see me too, which is another bonus. He's been so sweet lately, really taking care of me and showing me that he cares about me - even telling me sometimes! When he was getting ready to leave he was saying that he'd miss me and wished he could take me with him. Not often he says stuff like that, so I sure appreciate it when he does! He seems to be doing much better - I think we are past the rough spot... I am really pumped about the trip out to BC this summer, and very excited that he wants to come with me. This guy has become pretty important in my life, and I can't wait for him to meet my family and they him! :-D

Well, that's all for now. I'm feeling better this morning so think I can actually get some website work done. Mom has been sending me updates for over a week now and I haven't been able to get to them yet. Definitely time to get on that! Caio!

No comments: