Thursday, March 20, 2008

life, the universe and everything!

Life is busy right now. I am putting together my business plan to submit on Monday to try and get into the Self Employment Assistance program. I didn't realize exactly how much work goes into putting a business plan together! Whew! Not only do you write the actual business plan, but there are supporting documents, a resume, a portfolio - all of which must be prepared, printed and attached! But I'm not one to shy away from such a challenge, and I am actually enjoying putting it all together and seeing my business come together on paper! It's good to put it all into words and to actually define what it is I want to do with my business. I have to include financial statements, and it's interesting to sit down and work out the numbers, and see where I could be in a couple of years - yes, I have to do financials for the first two years! Best educated guess is what they call it. Sales predictions, cash flow statements, etc. Very educational!! I am learning a lot and enjoying seeing how my business can actually be successful!

My love life has also been busier and going well. After the official "break up", we have still been spending time together, and he has been more sweet and romantic than I've seen him in a long time. It's a bit like when we first started dating - except that it's someone I know now. So while we may have offically broken up, it's definitely not over. I'm not sure that my friends are as excited about this as I am. They are probably concerned that I'm just staying in a situation where I'll get hurt again. And I guess if I was in their shoes I would feel the same. But I do know that he's the one I want, that I'm not ready to walk away and I still want him in my life as my significant someone! Perhaps it had to take that "break up" to get things back on track, to get rid of the expectations and give him the space and freedom he needed to not only figure things out in his own personal life, but to figure things out in regards to his relationship with me. I don't know. I'm not going to put a label on what we are now, either. I have been enjoying the quality romantic time together though. He had me over for dinner the other night - complete with wine, the hottub, and a massage, not to mention some hot making out! It was sexy, romantic and made me feel pampered and cared for. He said he realized he's been taking me for granted and he wanted to change that. Yes, I melted, my heart was running all over the floor. It's things like that that make the hard times worth it! I am glad to see him doing better - I was a bit worried about him for a while there, but he seems to be getting things figured out. And for all you readers back home in BC, we are planning a trip out there this summer, so you'll get to meet this guy you've heard so much about!

After two days of rain, I was very glad to wake up and see the sun shining in my window this morning! I was getting tired of the dreary, overcast weather, and am very much looking forward to getting out there and enjoying spring this afternoon! Perhaps winter is really finally over and spring can now bring in summer...??? It feels like forever since I enjoyed a hot sunny day...

No comments: