Sunday, February 24, 2008

polar bear music showcase

Went out to a concert/showcase thing last night. One of the guys I work with was playing there, so I wanted to go hear him and thought it would be a nice night out. Jon came, and Heather and Rod as well. A bit of a double date, I guess. We went for dinner and drinks before at Chanosos downtown, then to the theatre for the show. There were a bunch of different artists who performed, some of them pretty good. I was really impressed with Adam, the guy I work with. He has a really unique, cool style and everyone seemed to like him. I had never heard his music before and was kinda surprised at how good he is.

Watching the different artists last night kind of made me wish I could be up there. As terrifying as that would be, it would be exhilerating as well, to be part of the music, singing or playing, part of a band. I wish I could write cool songs too...

So it was a fun night out. I had a good time and I think the others did too. Maybe not Rod so much... lol. Poor guy wasn't feeling too good. Was nice to dress up and go out, though. I love being able to do that every once in a while.

A bunch of the people I work with were at the show as well. Was fun to see them outside of work. I went over to say hi during intermission. I work with some pretty cool fun people.

And that's my story for tonight.

No comments: